Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 in Photos

December 2008 Mileage: 485.3
2008 Total Mileage: 5475.1

January, traveling through Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula and southern jungles.February, trip to Albuquerque and XC skiing on my lunch breaks.
March, snowshoeing with Jay in Canada and visiting Canada's wind turbines.
April, I didn't take a single photo! For shame.

May, making the drive from Michigan to California, via Colorado and Utah.
June, seeing mountains while I wash my dishes.
July, trip to Yosemite to visit old friends.August, riding Glendora Mountain Road with a local bike club.
September, racing in 24 Hours of Adrenaline at Hurkey Creek.
October, getting my first taste of backcountry mountain biking near Wrightwood.
November, back to Michigan to visit the newest member of the family.
December, Christmas in San Diego with people I love.
It's been an eventful year, filled with some great losses and some great gains. Hard to believe that exactly one year ago I was wandering down a road near Cancun, Mexico, completely unaware that I'd be moving to California and starting an entirely new phase of life. It's very exciting to think what the new year will bring, but at the same time it's a little frightening how fast all these experiences have come and gone. It's almost like life is pouring through a faucet like water, and I'm holding my hands underneath trying to catch it all; most slips through my fingers, but I'm able to catch and hold onto a little. This is why I love taking pictures and documenting my experiences, partially to share with others, but for me these pictures hold much more meaning that what meets the eye. No words could ever describe their depth.

While I have no specific goals for 2009, I'd like to work on my ability to stop and "smell the roses". Happy new year to all!

No comments: